Updated December 2019
Ridge Communities (Paradise, Magalia, Stirling City)
Emergency: Please Dial 9-1-1
1289 Bille Road Office hours:
(530) 877-8755 (24 hour answering service)
Care provided at home and at our Hospice House: skilled nursing, chaplain, social workers, personal care, volunteer services for patients and their families, bereavement services and support groups. Medicare/Medi-Cal certified.
Paradise Express B-Line Paratransit
Dispatch: 342-0221 Ext. 1 (schedules, routes, etc.) 7:00am - 5:00 pm Paratransit scheduling
A shared ride service designed to meet the needs of seniors (70+yrs) and persons with qualifying disabilities who are unable to use the B-Line fixed route services. To use the Paratransit system, you must apply and be registered through the B-line administrative office.
Call (800) 822-8145, or go to their website.
Customer service hours:
Sat 7:00am-10:00pm Sun 7:50am-6:00pm
Ridge Meal Services and/or Food Pantries
- Paradise Lutheran Church, 780 Luther Drive off Skyway, Free lunch Fridays from 12:00 - 1:30pm All are welcome!
- Magalia Community Church, 13700 Old Skyway, Magalia. Food pantry/USDA Commodoties available to low income residents & seniors, based on availablity.
- First Baptist Church of Paradise, 6500 Clark Road. Food pantry Tues/Fri 12:00 - 4:00pm starting in January, USDA Commodoties the 3rd Tues of each month 10:00am - 11:00am.
Ridge Clothes Closets and/or Service Needs
- Paradise Alliance Church, 6491 Clark Road, Shower and laundry facilities 3:00pm - https://www.campfirerecovery.org/
Surrounding Areas (Chico, Oroville, Butte County)
78 Table Mountain Blvd., Oroville (530) 538-7538
Serving all of Butte County
Adult Day Health Care
The Peg Taylor Center for Adult Day Health Care
124 Parmac Road, Chico
Office hours: M-F 8am-5pm
Offer health care services, support, and activities to help frail, elderly and other adults with disabling conditions. The Chico office serves Chico, Oroville, and surrounding areas.
Adult Protective Services 24 Hour Response Line
Provide assistance to elderly and dependent adults who are victims of abuse, neglect, or exploitation, as well as other services.
2105 Forest Avenue Suite # 130, Chico
Office Hours: M-F 9am-5pm
(530) 895-9661 or 1-800-272-3900
Rebecca Robinson, Executive Director.
In-Home Supportive Services
To be eligible, you must be over 65 years of age, or disabled, or blind. IHSS is considered an alternative to out-of-home care, such as nursing homes or board and care facilities.
Butte County Public Health Clinic
695 Oleander St, Chico
78 Table Mountain Blvd. Oroville
(530) 538-7341 M-F 8am-5pm (call for an appointment) Provide quality health information, immunizations, education and services.
Butte County Behavioral Health
Paradise Outpatient Center 805 Cedar Street, Suite B Tuesday 1:00pm (530) 877-5845
24-hour Crisis Lines: 891-2810 or 800-334-6622
Friendship Line (older adults): 800-971-0016.
Chico Support Group
150 Amber Grove Drive, Ste. 154
3rd Thursday of each month
Oroville Support Group
Feather River Tribal Health
3rd Wednesday of each month
Passages Adult Resource Center Information & Assistance
25 Main Street, Chico
M-F 8am-5pm 1-800-822-0109 or 530 898-5923
Connects older adults & caregivers with HICAP, Elder Education & Ombudsman programs available & other services.
Senior Legal Services of Northern California/Area on Aging
541 Normal Avenue, Chico
(530) 345-9491 or 1-800-345-9491
M-TH 9am-12pm 1pm-5pm Fri 9am-12pm
Legal Services provided for seniors 60 and over.
Social Security Assistance
1370 E. Lassen Ave., Ste 150, Chico To make an appointment call (866) 964-7585 Medicare information (800) 633-4227 Online services: apply for benefits, print your SS statement, estimate future benefits, office locations & hours of operation, etc.