PRPD is excited to bring this series of videos, interviews, and on site visits to the residents of The Ridge.
Our Field Guide Series will explore topics that relate to exploring our natural resources, parks, programs, and collaborations amongst community partners in hopes that we prepare those we serve to reengage in our community with a newfound sense of empowerment and curious exploration.
Here is a short list of topics that we will be covering:
- November 2020 - The Community Resiliency Model : A series of presentations on the 6 Skills taught by the Trauma Resource Institute by leading presenters in Butte County. Learn how to regulate your body and mind as you, your family, your coworkers, and your friends experience the effects of trauma, stress, and continued challenge. These life changing skills can permanently alter your ability to gather and increase RESILIENCE. Please visit this link to access our zoom presentations if you are not able to attend the live presentations starting at 3:30pm and ending at 5:00pm from November 2nd through November 6th.
- December 2020 - Reflecting on 2020 and Goal Setting in 2021 - A series of discussions with speakers, facilitators, and mental health practitioners focusing on the lessons we can learn from 2020 while preparing for 2021. What should we focus on as individuals, families, a community, a culture, and a country as we orient ourselves to a "post Covid" existence? Where are the areas for growth and how do we celebrate our wins? Tune in to hear from experts in the field of Motivation, Goal Setting, and Self Care. December 16th, 17th, 18th from 3:30 to 5:00pm. Link to live presentaitons: Zoom Link
- January 2021 - Adapting to Exercise Environments: Paradise StrongER Founder Aaron Singer and PRPD Recreation Supervisor, Scott Amick, discuss exercise, wellness, and navigating exercise amongst the Covid 19 restrictions.
- February 2021 - Kayaking Paradise Lake
- March 2021 - Hiking The Ridge and Butte County
- April 2021 - Community Engagement on The Ridge
- May 2021 - Sustainable Gardening and Yard Landscaping
- June 2021 - Summer Learning and Adventure
- July 2021 -
- August 2021
- September 2021
- October 2021
- December 2021